Planning and budgeting using spreadsheet is tedious and inefficient, resulting in more work for planners, not less.
It’s also error-prone, less collaborative and lacks the complex dynamic planning and reporting required by services firms. However, on the other hand, NetSuite’s Planning and Budgeting solution facilitates both organisation-wide and departmental planning with advanced modelling capabilities, approval workflows and reporting within one collaborative scalable cloud-based solution. And with NetSuite’s SuiteSuccess solution optimised for services firms, customers get pre-defined functional roles, dashboards, KPIs and business process flows that will rapidly get them up and running.
Key features of the NetSuite Planning and Budgeting solution for service firms:
- Optimise headcount planning including multiple dimensions and assign calculations to groups of people or to specific individuals.
- Allocate personnel across multiple projects, departments or service offerings.
- Perform what-if analyses to compare various hiring scenarios and their impact on the bottom line.
- Re-forecast frequently and make adjustments based on different revenue assumptions.
- Model integrated P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Drag-and-drop report builder puts powerful, yet easy to use, web-based reporting into the hands of finance.
- Use pre-built dashboards to analyse key metrics including sales per employee, billable and paid man-hours, etc.
- Integrate with Microsoft Office tools with Smart View for adding custom members on the fly, slicing and dicing data, and apply common planning actions such as spreading and allocation.
- Create report books for financial presentations such as executive and board reporting.